Monday, January 17, 2011

Signal Graces

Many of us are in the habit of daily reciting the rosary; however, are you aware of the Fifteen Promises of Mary to Christians who recite the Rosary.  I know that I had forgotten them.  Since our parish has received calendars which focus on these fifteen promises, then I will become more familiar with them.
The very first promise states:  Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary shall receive signal graces.
I know about actual grace and sanctifying grace, but I don’t remember signal graces.
According to The Rosary Foundation (www.erosary.com):
“Signal Graces are signs sent by God to help us make the right decisions in life. Moses saw a burning bush as a sign from God, and other people received signs from God daily. Signal graces usually come about as subtle hints to help keep us moving in the right direction - these signs are truly gifts from God.

Remember - there is no such thing as a coincidence, everything happens for a reason! By praying the rosary you will be more conscious of the way that God tries to help you and speak to you every day.”
I pray that Our Lady may help me become more conscious of the signs sent by her Son, through the Holy Spirit and that I may act on them according to His will, and not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment